Thursday, September 6, 2012

Popularity.

Popular. Honestly, what comes to mind when you hear that? For me, its a list of all the girls at school that are "popular." What is popular even mean? My mom always says "Well, what exactly makes them so "popular?" and I can never quite answer that question. There are some factors that do influence popularity, for insistence, wearing a ton of makeup, wearing skanky clothes, partying, etc. I've noticed that some of the popular girls and boys, their parents aren't exactly the best example, or are not always around. They're growing their children, rather than raising them. When teens have parents that aren't always around, the teens are going to do whatever they want. They will party, drink, and just go wild. Not to even mention when the teens parents are bad influences. That's a whole other story. But I think I have discovered one of the main factors of popularity is confidence. Every last one of the "popular" girls at my school just exude confidence. They're happy with who they are, and they won't let anyone tell them different. They're confident with themselves. I wish I was more like that. I have zero confidence. I don't believe any compliments people give me, and I'm always cautious of what I look like, what I'm doing, saying, eating...anything. I wish I was just happy with who I am. I need to work on feeling more confident within myself. If you believe you're something special, and that you're pretty...then others will believe that too. I think that's one of the main factors of popularity. But honesty, I'm not sure I would want to be in the popular group. They smoke, party hard, date about every guy/girl they can get. A lot of the girls do stuff with guys, and I'm just not there yet. We're only 14/15; and with the guys at our school..once they get what they want-they're done with you. Even though I don't think I would ever want to be in the popular group, I'd like to try it for a day. See what it's like having all the guys text you, hit on you...I'd like to be popular for just a day. To see what it's like in their shoes. So there's my little rant about popularity. Please comment; I'd love to read whether you agree or even disagree. Tell me if its different at your school. Just comment anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment